THERE will always be someone who is better than you – more beautiful or handsome, more intelligent, more successful.
Insecurity is defined as a feeling of absence of confidence. It is characterized by lack of assurance and is studded with fear, anxiety and overthinking.
Worst of all, insecurity has the power to kill relationships – relationship with others and relationship with self.
There is nothing wrong about feeling insecure and inferior to others. It is normal to feel that way. What makes it wrong is if you let this negativity affect your life to the point of robbing you of happiness.
Aye Duran, author at Positive Outlooks Blog, offers some tips to help you manage and process your negative perception of yourself next time insecurity knocks at your door:
1. Make peace with your insecurities. Humans are not perfect beings. Each of us has our own or unique strengths and weaknesses. Recognize, accept and make peace with your insecurities. No one should love you more than you can.
2. Motivate yourself with your insecurities. Turn your negativity into positivity by “taking actions”. There is nothing embarrassing in admitting to yourself that you need self-improvement. But, rather than being pulled down by your insecurities, why don’t you use it as a motivation to be a better version of yourself?
3. Be kind to yourself. Remind yourself that you are a beautiful and wonderful individual. Shower yourself with compliments.
4. Stop comparing yourself with others. Instead of feeling down because of the “achievements” of others, know that their success is not synonymous with your failure. Learn to be genuinely happy for the happiness of others and you will be surprised by how peaceful your mind will become.
5. Count the things you are grateful for. Instead of focusing your attention and energy by indulging yourself with a round of self-pity, why don’t you count all of the beautiful things that happened in your life? Counting “simple” BLESSINGS can boost your confidence and your mood.
And, finally, let me add one last but important tip: You are God’s complete and “unique” miracle!
By virtue of divine creation, each one of us has inherent greatness; each one is endowed with individual gifts and purpose.
As a “human being” – you are a being created according to the “image and likeness of God”, a being with dignity and purpose, a being endowed with “intellect and free will”, a being with physical body and a spiritual soul, a being for self and for others, a being who’s been given dominion over a balanced and sustainable natural creation, and a being who is worthy of a meaningful, complete and satisfying life.