On Day 9 from his death, a lawyer visited his wife in a dream.
“Love, I’m burning in hell, so continue praying to release my soul from my sins,” he tells his wife, adding “tell my story to the family, so they avoid what I’ve done”
He narrates, at the gates in Heaven, St. Peter was reading the list of his sins.
- Defending a land developer who was stealing land from farmers, when you knew he was guilty.
- Defending a very corrupt official in a government housing agency who stole public funds intended for housing for the poor.
- Overcharging fees to most of your clients and corrupting judges and fixcals.
- Unfaithful to your wife and family, worse, pushed your secretary to commit abortion.
- Defended a murder suspect just because you were paid millions of pesos even when you knew he was guilty.
And the list was quite long and took sometime to read. The lawyer objects and argues his case.
“Wait, I’ve done some charity in my life also,” he tells St. Peter.
“Yes, I see. You once gave 5 centavos to a beggar outside the church. And you gave ten centavos to a very old lady begging for food, you even gave 15 centavos as tip to your barber,” St. Peter responded, turning to the angel next to him, saying, “Give this guy 20 centavos and tell him to go to hell.”
Next in line at the pearly gate was a Filipino engineer. St. Peter goes through the routine of reading his sins.
The list was a little shorter but more alarming.
- You must be the engineer saved by the lawyer from serving jail term and returning the hundreds of millions of public money you’ve stolen from the poor.
- You donate to the church to cover up for all your stealing from the poor and make the sin of hypocrisy like a virtue.
The engineer argues with St. Peter, saying he says the rosary 3X a day and novena to the Mother of Perpetual Help every day.
“There is no room for hypocrites in heaven. Down to hell you go.
In a classroom in a Tacloban City public school.
Teacher: Pablo what do you want to be when you grow up?
Pablo, “I want to be CAAP engineer.”
Teacher, “That’s a surprise. You’re not rating well in math. So why be a CAAP engineer?”
Pablo: “ Our neighbor was not rich until their dad joined the DOTR/CAAP. And he is not even good in math. He says 38% is equal to zero.”
Teacher: “I think you should join the Ombudsman and put these DOTR engineers to jail.”
#Halakhak #RayJunia #ArgumentsAtThePearlyGates #StPeter #CAAPEngineer #OpinYonColumn #OpinYon #WeTakeAStand