Nayong Pilipino
Public Health

Nayong Filipino to be utilized as vaccination facility

Apr 13, 2021, 4:16 AM
Heloise Diamante

Heloise Diamante

Writer

The planned new Covid-19 vaccination facility inside the former Nayong Pilipino complex is expected to serve up to 12,000 people a day.

The facility is expected to be constructed within the next 40 days to help in the government’s inoculation program as a public walk-in and drive-thru vaccination center

THE Department of Tourism (DOT) welcomed the move of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease (IATF-EID) to construct a “free and temporary” vaccination center inside Nayong Pilipino.

Located in Parañaque City, the Nayong Pilipino Foundation (NPF) property is currently vacant after the cultural theme park was moved to Clark Freeport Zone in Mabalacat, Pampanga.

The facility is expected to be constructed within the next 40 days to help in the government’s inoculation program as a “public walk-in and drive-thru vaccination center”.

“This is expected to be a game-changer in the vaccination program. The facility, which will be a public-private partnership, is expected to vaccinate at least 12,000 people a day,” the DOT said in a statement.

“The temporary use of the NPF property affirms the DOT’s continuing commitment to support the vaccination program, consistent with its earlier endorsement and approval as well by the NTF of allowing tourism front-liners to be on the priority list.”

NPF has an scheduled online event called Umpukan sa Nayon: Nayong Pilipino as a Creative Hub this coming April 16, at 3:30 pm.

The NPF has a 9.5-hectare property in Entertainment City, New Seaside Road, in Parañaque, Metro Manila with 70% of the area categorized as urban forest while the remaining 30% will contain built structures.

According to the NPF, they look forward to building the area as a creative hub that can provide a space for training, research, culture technology support, creative entrepreneurship, and opportunities for linkages with investors and partners.

The first Umpukan sa Nayon for 2021 will discuss the potential of the NPF property as a creative hub that features an urban forest.

This iteration of NPF’s multi-sectoral consultation for the Nayong Pilipino Urban Forest Park in Paranaque City is in partnership with SIKAP - Creative Content Creators Association of the Philippines.

Register to join the discussion via Zoom at http://bit.ly/UmpukanCreativeHub or listen to the previous podcast episodes on Spotify. (HD)

Tags: #NayongPilipino, #Covid19, #Covid19vaccine

More about Public Health

Indonesia’s recycled swab sticks whip up controversy, disgust

Indonesia’s recycled swab sticks whip up controversy, disgust

a week ago

We take a stand
OpinYon News logo

Designed and developed by Simmer Studios.

© 2021 OpinYon News. All rights reserved.